See Open positions flyer. We are always looking for outstanding PhD students and Postdocs to join our team. You can join us as
PhD positions (and visiting PhD positions) are on the areas of
- Postdoc: Duration is not fixed. At least one paper in the following conferences is expected: CVPR/ICCV/ECCV, Siggraph/SiggraphAsia/Eurographics, NIPS/ICML.
- PhD student: You will be enrolled as a PhD student at Max Planck for Informatics and Saarland Informatics Campus. Duration is typically 3-4 years.
- Visiting PhD student: You should be enrolled in a PhD program already. Duration is typically 6 months.
- Master student/research immersion: We offer master thesis and research projects, contact us if you are interested.
- Human and cloth capture from images, videos and 3D scans
- Deep learning for generative models of humans in clothing
- 3D human pose estimation and tracking using deep learning
- Motion capture and performance capture
- Reconstructing human motion from sparse Inertial Measurement Units (IMU)
PhD applicants should have:
- Strong mathematical background
- Strong programming skills one of (C++, Python, matlab)
- Experience working with 3D meshes and knowledge on 3D tools is desired but a not must (e.g. OpenGL)
- Knowledge/experience in deep learning
- Strong interest in our research areas
PhD students will work on cutting edge research at the intersection between vision, graphics and learning. Research will require knowledge of deep learning, geometry processing and computer vision.
How to apply
Include (preferably in a single pdf):
- Full publication list
- List of referees
- PhD applicants: your most interesting research paper and your master thesis (if applicable)
- PhD applicants: transcript of grades of master/bachelor
- Visiting PhD students (6 month internships): We only consider internships for students enrolled in a PhD program. At least one publication at a top vision/graphics/learning conference is expected